Best of 2007 by Don Porcella
- Nintendo Wii – senior citizen centers report the game's use in rehabilitating older population. Use of game increases physical activity of aging generations.
- Apple's IPhone – revolutionary touchscreen interactivity, camera, music player and phone all in one.
- San Francisco taxing high fructose corn syrup soda drinks. Mayor Gavin Newsom wants large grocery stores to help fight obesity by paying fees on sodas and other beverages they sell in San Francisco.
- Cities across the world banning plastic bags at supermarkets.
- SUV hybrid and subsequent commercial signaling the new "coolness of going green" - www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSikJHuUBYY
- New Museum and NoHo Galleries – The New Museum opend in December and even before that galleries were moving and new ones opening up in the SoHo, NoHo and the Lower East Side area of Manhattan. Thus signaling a transformation in the Art market and the New York Art Scene.
- Youtube – Andy Wharhol's proclamation that in the future everyone will have their 15 minutes of fame has never been more true as YouTube makes filmmakers and stars out of all of us.
- Bob Barker leaving Price is Right - After holding the job for nearly 35 years and having been in television for 50 years, Barker retired in June 2007.
- LED's in Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree – energy efficiency and LED's presence in all aspects of design and lighting.
Man of the Year - Al Gore
Best Museum Show: Chelsea Art Museum – The Incomplete (currently up)
Best Artist: Misaki Kawai at Clementine Gallery January 2007
Best Curator: Kathy Grayson for Mail Order Monsters Show at Deitch Projects September 2007