EMAIL POST, SUBJECT: KEITH JARRETT and BRAD MEHLDAU

Monday September 26 23:41:17 2005

Jay,

I just saw KJ tonight at Carnegie Hall, solo. The show
was really amazing. I am speechless right now but as I
digest it I will write you more in the future about
it.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I will look it up
most definitely.

Also, august 5th I saw brad perform solo in central
park. Brad is something else himself. Brad essentially
played standards and some familiar songs:
Countdown(john Coltrane), Chopin's Etude 4, The folks
who live on the hill, Paranoid android(nick drake). He
played some others and they all had a unique brad
twist to them. If you can see Brad or Keith solo I
STRONGLY recommend it. They are different but both
strongly gifted and beautifully musicians.

How was Amsterdam? Brad has a CD entitled "Places" He
wrote a song title Amsterdam and it is a great tune.

I would recommend Gary Peacock's "Tales of another"
which is a trio with Keith at the piano. It is some
great music. It is easy to see why Keith later formed
his long standing "standards trio" with peacock at
bass. On this album it is obvious that they are having
fun and making some great music.....

PD

Comments