The City of Venice and Upper Eastside Manhattan

Venice, Italy and The Others...

To see is often the reason why attends a museum; to see something new, to see something from the past, whether we see and connect is another thing altogether. Lecturer, author, and historian David Lowe enthusiastically made sure that his audience the other night at the Met museum connected with the illustrious heritage of Venice, Italy.


David Lowe touched on many points, one of them being the connection of Venice, Italy with Henry James, John Singer Sargent and James Abbott McNeill Whistler, and their love of Venice, as well as their documentation of it. I thoroughly enjoyed myself even though I had to stand considering it was sold out. After the lecture, my knees were in good condition despite standing for the lecture and I ran to Barnes and Noble to buy a Henry James book!

Comments